Wednesday, January 04, 2006

John 10:7-18 - The Shepherd and His Flock...

Or,

Jesus' Love Song

(a song)

I would never lie to you
I am telling you the truth
I am the gate that leads to new life
Where others come to steal
To destroy, hurt and kill
Enter through me and you will never die

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

I am the good shepherd
Giving evil just desserts
Like lying in the gate, I lay down my life
Where others run away
I LIVE to fight another day
My love a greater weapon than any gun or knife

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

You will hear my voice calling
As clearly as rain falling
You will hear only me through my Father above
My sheep in other pastures
Will respond to my calling
And I will nurture them with compassion and love

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

No matter what happens
Rest assured in my promise
Everything that happens happens by my choice
So listen to the Father
Hear always his commands
Follow me, listen to the sound of my voice

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.

No comments: