Thursday, May 26, 2005

Alice

I am Alice
Running oh-so hard
Just to stay in the same spot.

The lobster quadrille
Will throw me out to see
But I'll end up back in the race

I'm always late
But there's no important dates
And no-one to care if I'm there or not

I'm tiny
And there's no cookie
That will bring me back to size

Off with her head
Would only bring relief
As I run through the rabbit hole

Through the looking-glass
Is everyone else
And I wish I could get there, though I know I can't

The sun is shining on the sea
Shining with all it's might
Trying it's very best to make my life seem warm and bright
It's not too odd because it is the middle of my life

The walrus and the carpenter
Have eaten up the oysters of my sanity
And I stand teetering on the brink of the cliff

Running oh-so hard
But not getting anywhere
The world passes me by
Where I stand

2003 evk

No comments: