Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thank You

Subtle speech and such light hand
Leaves me trembling where I stand
Light shines on me oh-so bright
Feel as if it's never night
Banish the dark and all my fear
From far away you hold me dear
So quiet spoken, yet so true
Leaves me wondering what did I do
Before the day I set my eyes
On you.

Help me through each single day
Never feel as if I'm in your way
Let me know what I deserve
Throwing straight balls, never curve
Yet lead me just so tenderly
So that in the end I see
The light, the truth I'd never know
Or if I did, perhaps too slow
And I don't know how far I'd go
Without you.


Breathless soul at spoken word
No stone do you leave unturned
Essence of you I want to know
Your friendship I will never let go
Gentle heart with love and care
At your feet my soul laid bare
Words open in my such a door
Give me wings and let me soar
I just pray it's not a chore
To you.

So thank you for your subtle speech
My hand ~ never fear to reach
And thank you for your gentle words
Know that you I'll never spurn
Thank you for your caring heart
That you've had right from the start
And thank you for just being you
And knowing just what to do
And always being oh-so true
To me.


Thank you.

evk 2003

No comments: